As one of Britain’s iconic fashion designers, Paul Smith has changed the landscape of British fashion design with his innate ability to anticipate, and even spark off trends not only in fashion but in the wider context of popular culture over the past 30 years.
Having showed his first menswear collection in Paris in 1976 under the Paul Smith label, he has since launched 13 different collections ranging from womenswear, accessories, shoes, fragrances and cutting-edge furniture in over 75 countries. We catch up with Paul Smith to find out more about the man, the brand and his favourite places in London:
* The Sir John Soane’s Museum - The house & museum of Sir John Soane.
* Holland Park - Like being in the countryside.
* Labour and Wait - Sells cool products for kitchen, home & garden.
* New Culture Revolution - Great noodle bar in Notting Hill.
* Mr Christian’s Delicatessen in Notting Hill - The best ham and cheese.
* Poilane on Elizabeth Street - For bread and pastries.
* Rough Trade - For fantastic new music.